These few, but important tips will ensure your carpet stands the test of time.
- Vacuum your carpets at least once a week – up to 80% of carpet dirt is loose and removable with regular vacuuming
- When vacuuming, go with the pile grain. This helps remove surface soils. Go against the grain to remove deeper, embedded particles
- Rotate your furniture occasionally. This helps to prevent premature carpet wear and soiling in regular traffic areas of your house<
- If you’ve ever attempted to clean your carpet with a rental or home steam cleaner, take great caution. If you don’t know what you’re doing, and you don’t remove most of the water, your carpets could easily result in an unhealthy situation. High moisture levels can leak through to the carpet back and pad, which could promote the growth of mold and mildew. The carpet shouldn’t take more than 24 hours to dry
Help! My pet keeps having accidents in the house. What can I use to treat these spots without calling a professional?
Though we all love our cats and dogs, we certainly don’t love the stains they leave when they have an accident, right? Luckily, there are relatively quick ways to remove dog urine from carpet.
If you’ve been out for a few hours, chances are that Fido’s urine stain may have been sitting for a while. As soon as you discover it, it’s important to clean it right away. If you wait too long, bacteria can start to grow in the affected area, which leads to unpleasant odors.
Here’s one way to remove dog urine from carpet:
- Soak up the urine stain using paper towels or a cotton cloth. Press firmly into the stain using an old shoe or something disposable. This will help absorb as much urine as possible from the carpet.
- Using white vinegar and water, mix a solution in a bowl (50% vinegar, 50% water). You’ll want to mix enough of the solution so that it can reach deep down into the carpet’s fibers.
- Use a spray bottle to gently to spray the mixture onto the urine stain. Using a clean towel, gently massage the mixture into the fibers. Repeat this step 2-3 times. The vinegar should help to neutralize the ammonia in the urine.
- Finally, apply fresh water to the area and vigorously blot the urine stain using a paper towel, pressing firmly into it until very little moisture remains on the surface.
Perfect Image is ready when you are!
When selecting a carpet or upholstery care service, consider the following:
- Does the company have a good reputation?
- Will they provide you with a FREE online or over-the-phone estimate?
- Can they provide you with references from previous customers?
- Are the technicians properly trained and equipped with the most advanced cleaning technology?
- Does the service come with a satisfaction guarantee?
Investing some time now, helps extend the life and appearance of your carpet and upholstery for future enjoyment, not to mention reducing the build-up of dirt, dust mites and allergens with which you interact everyday.